Garrosh Hellscream isn't -all- bad, just mostly so.

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

Torin
Antispam:45
Garrosh Hellscream isn't -all- bad, just mostly so.

Post by Torin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 am

As much as I rail against Garrosh and think that he and Lo'Gosh should be tossed into a gladiator pit, he's not all bad.
Proof of this is from the quest To Be Horde. The link has a telling interchange where Garrosh relieves an Orc Overlord of command permanently for behaving in a manner that Garrosh found dishonorable.

Archmage Chaos

Re: Garrosh Hellscream isn't -all- bad, just mostly so.

Post by Archmage Chaos » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 am

That's a pretty nifty quest line, and yeah, a fairly powerful moment. As much as I hate on Garrosh, it gave me a small bit of respect for him. He's still an ass, but at least he's a somewhat moral ass.
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
Eyelevel, Gnomish Warrior, Pillar, Dwarven Priest, Gnomeansno, Gnomish Shadow Priest, Friedgold, Dwarven Rogue, Mohley, Human Paladin, Meatwaffle, Human Rogue, Drywall, Dwarven Shaman...and odd Horde alts.

Eabah

Post by Eabah » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:14 pm

My problem with things like that is that for all 'Hellscream's eyes are upon you' somehow he misses the demon worshippers and the insane murderers and etc in his ranks until -after- they've done their damage.

He portals in too late to stop it. Convenient. And most of these are his hand picked commanders. So I remain skeptical.

Archmage Chaos

Post by Archmage Chaos » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Oh, don't get me wrong, i still think he's a pain in the ass. I'm just looking at this as "Welcome To Leadership 101" for him. he's said for years that he should lead, but now that he has the reins, he's discovering that it's not all blood and thunder. A leader has to do more than be able to whip the troops into a frenzy,m he has to be aware of what is happening and be responsible for it all.

he hand-picked his people based on battle prowess, not commanding skills. no surprise, then, that they go off the deep end and he has to step up and try to mend fences. Also, it explains why he's such an ass to, oh, every other race leader in The Horde: he simply doesn't understand diplomacy and leadership. Perhaps he'll learn, and The Horde will grow. Perhaps he'll continue on his present path, and splinter The Horde...or at least turn it all against him.

Time will tell. Or, rather, 5.0 may. ;)
--
-------------------------------------------------------------
Eyelevel, Gnomish Warrior, Pillar, Dwarven Priest, Gnomeansno, Gnomish Shadow Priest, Friedgold, Dwarven Rogue, Mohley, Human Paladin, Meatwaffle, Human Rogue, Drywall, Dwarven Shaman...and odd Horde alts.

Eabah

Post by Eabah » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 am

I choose to believe he's doing it deliberately. :)