Recruitment Policy and Methodology

For invitees and trial members to post a little bit about themselves. Officer response will be posted here.

Moderator:Lamas

IsawaBrian
Recruitment Policy and Methodology

Post by IsawaBrian » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 am

This policy is designed for people we don't know out of WOW-- ie, just met them in the game, don't know them, aren't a friend, SO, etc. So this doesn't apply to Sammy/PyraMOO people, doesn't apply to The Folks From Vent, etc. As a preface, I note painfully that I'm really not looking for recruits who aren't existing friends. It hasn't worked out well so far; I view this as instead a way to potentially add someone if it becomes a way to get someone talented whom we like in.

(1) Anyone who wants to join from the guild needs to talk to me or a Lama. That person will post on that person's behalf to the soon-to-be-made Lama forum, and the recruit is not given a probationary invite until at least one other officer posts agreement to the invitation.

(2) That person will be recruited at Acolyte level and not be increased beyond until the following standards have been met:
(a) The recruit has run at least 2 raids with us -after- recruitment. Two heroics may substitute for one of those raids.
(b) At least one week has passed for comments and for getting to know the person.
(c) When both of those are completed, a quorum of lama+ members must post agreement to a new post about accepting the recruit to the lama board. Agreement or disagreement should be clear. If this cannot be met, the person is let go with the simple 'it just didn't work out'. No constructive criticism is promised, no nastiness is created, unless the person does something seriously shady that others need to be aware of (attempts to steal, inflict drama, stalk, etc.

(3) As GM, I'm going to say this: Team Cleric is, and will remain, a safe space. No racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of bigotry or harassment or stalking will be permitted. I will start talking to a person who appears to be following these behaviors, and will take steps from there as necessary.

(4) If we're just talking an RL/MU*/long term online friend, please mention it on the app board and put it up. If I have to, I'll clean those up personally later. Just make sure that they're ok with folks, right?

(5) Several other officers would like to note that they are grammar nazis. While poor typing is not an automatic disqualifier, it will set several officers against your application from the start.