More of an introduction than an application

For invitees and trial members to post a little bit about themselves. Officer response will be posted here.

Moderator:Lamas

demerest
Antispam:0
More of an introduction than an application

Post by demerest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:01 am

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I hope it's okay to do it here.

I'm Demerest, brand new night elf shadow-now holy-later priest in Team Cleric. I've been friends with Kageneko for many many many years, and I've known his wife for even longer. In real life, my name is Susan and I'm a technician for a major telecommunications company. I live in northern Virginia, moved here in February when my job moved from Michigan. I like meat, Project Runway, movies (especially bad ones), conspiracy theories (not that I believe them all, I just find them interesting), and, I dunno, stuff. And I cried at the end of the Durkon-Hilgya plot arc, actual tears.

I'm pretty new to WoW. I started playing in April, and my highest character is a level 60 gnome affliction warlock on another realm. I'd be farther along with her level-wise, but I discovered the joys of spreading dot-related chaos in Alterac Valley, so I don't want to hit 61 quite yet. I'm new at healing but I really dig it so far.

I want to thank everyone at Team Cleric for welcoming to me! I think I have my internet problems under control now, but Loom (my pally protector!) and the group who ran through Deadmines the other night were so patient with my random disconnects; I really appreciate it. I play mostly on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights for now (I'm trying to move to a weekend rotation with coworkers that will let me have a weekend off once in a while) and sometimes I can squeeze in a few hours before or after work. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone around as I continue to level, and I hope to one day actually be useful to... somebody... somewhere. If I don't say much, it's just because I'm shy at first.

GO TEAM CLERIC!

Eabah
Antispam:45

Re: More of an introduction than an application

Post by Eabah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:30 am

Welcome aboard. :)

Hey, they put up with me when I was on The Worst Connection Evar. Ask Someone who was there sometime about the BRD run with Canaa and Eabah. Of doom.

mihrimah

Post by mihrimah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:33 am

We're also known as Team Random Disconnect and Team "Oops, lost So-and-so." Fortunately, many of us are awesome enough to continue doing stuff like holding aggro or laying the smackdown even though we're not actually there.
--
Alaari
Also on Velen: Bodil/Eleithyia/Fidheasan/Khalmie/Mellarus
or on Azuremyst: Ielaar/Itztumi/Ixtaro/Iyzali

demerest

Post by demerest » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Heehee, Team Random Disconnect. If I ever make a vanity guild on another server, I'm totally stealing that.

I moved to a wired connection, since Vista was just refusing to get along with the wireless and I was tired of fighting with it. Stupid Vista may have won this battle, but I'll be back!! It seems to like the ethernet connection much better, though I won't have time to really test it out for a couple of days. (I'm not playing games, I'm stress testing the network, yeah, that's it...)

IsawaBrian

Post by IsawaBrian » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:31 am

(Somewhat belated, since I am alas forum-lazy) Welcome to the Team!

JeremyM

Post by JeremyM » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 am

Good to meet you and it is great teaming with ya when I can.

x Jeremy M. aka Loom... and many other alts.