Days to Level a Guild

Theory and discussion on how to abuse the system behind the game for the best results.
Remember, there is no badwrong fun.

Moderator:Lamas

Torin
Antispam:45
Days to Level a Guild

Post by Torin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 am

Here's an article with the numbers behind how long it will take to get each level for a guild. This is assuming that we hit guild xp caps everyday.

Guild Leveling: Numbers

It's not just quest xp and guild runs that give xp. From that article (and wowpedia), it is:
  • Boss kills in a raid or dungeon in which “most” of the party is from the same guild
  • Rated Battleground or Arena wins in which “most” of the party is from the same guild
  • Completing quests (dailies included) that reward experience
  • An individual player’s faction reputation advancement
  • An individual player’s profession progression
They also mention Guild Achievements as giving xp but as mentioned here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1306052109, "We have decided to remove the added bonus of gaining Guild Experience from Guild Achievements earned."

Haet
Antispam:0

Re: Days to Level a Guild

Post by Haet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:13 am

To that end, MMO-Champion is reporting that they're cutting the guild xp gained from completing quests from 100% to 25%.

Things are going in the wrong direction!
80+ Who's who of Sam: Haet: Smells of Wet Dog; Herai: Itty Bitty Killin' Committee; Alisseah: Portal Jockey/Walking Asplosion; Marindeya (pretend this is white): Serial Scribe, EXTREEM FLOWERPICKER; Keight: Emo Summoner with an AWESOME name.

demerest

Post by demerest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Haet wrote:To that end, MMO-Champion is reporting that they're cutting the guild xp gained from completing quests from 100% to 25%.

Things are going in the wrong direction!
They already did this. The first day or two of Cata, you got 100% of your quest xp as guild xp, now it's 25%. We were hitting the guild xp cap in a couple hours. :)

Eabah

Post by Eabah » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:04 pm

I suspect today will be the first day we don't hit cap. I see something ominous in the statement that, "The daily cap does not reset if you do not hit the cap on a given day."

There's two ways to interpret that: 1) If we didn't hit cap but almost hit cap, the next day we can only get a tiny bit more so we basically lose an -entire- day. 2) If we didn't hit cap, the cap extends by a full day's cap and we can catch up later. That would be better but it's a more sketchy interpretation. So I'm afraid I'm reading it as is "missing cap loses an entire day's xp."

Haet

Post by Haet » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 am

We'll find out in 5 hours, then, won't we? *crosses fingers*
80+ Who's who of Sam: Haet: Smells of Wet Dog; Herai: Itty Bitty Killin' Committee; Alisseah: Portal Jockey/Walking Asplosion; Marindeya (pretend this is white): Serial Scribe, EXTREEM FLOWERPICKER; Keight: Emo Summoner with an AWESOME name.

Haet

Post by Haet » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:10 pm

HOORAY! It resets to full limit, but not to yesterday's slack plus today's limit. BUT STILL.

Torin

Post by Torin » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 pm

I wouldn't expect to be able to do what you missed yesterday and today's. Having it reset to zero seems just fine to me...

Eabah

Post by Eabah » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:28 am

The thing is, we were worried it wouldn't reset, IE, if you didn't make 100%, you were left the next day at 88% already or something like that - some of the resources were claiming it didn't reset. A full reset is annoying enough (it'd be NICE to get the capacity for the new day just added since some days we're going over) but at least tolerable.