Tree is 4 healz

Theory and discussion on how to abuse the system behind the game for the best results.
Remember, there is no badwrong fun.

Moderator:Lamas

kageneko
Antispam:0
Tree is 4 healz

Post by kageneko » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 pm

After our healer ragequit in UBRS, Lothlondor switched specs and I think I healed like a champ. We did wipe twice (mostly because of the mobs in UBRS that stun and interrupt). Anyway, it was all awesome fun and I'll be doing a lot more of this sort of thing in Outland. I'm aiming for this spec for level 60:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZZfchuVuxMuVosVo:akZzm

The eventual goal is:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0qG0u0hZZ ... sVo:akAzmM

Elitist Jerks seems to suggest

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0qG0u0hZZf0IubuxikVcsVo
TEAM CLERIC: Allern, Dranei Paladin; Lothlondor, Night Elf Druid; Lelian, Human Mage; Lesasia, Human Death Knight; Lagervolk, Dwarf Hunter; Sylerissar, Night Elf Rogue; Langston, Worgen Warrior; Leanora, Gnome Priest
WE SPLIT THE PARTY: Renethal, Blood Elf Paladin

Khemical
Antispam:45

Re: Tree is 4 healz

Post by Khemical » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:04 pm

Elitist Jerks are not often wrong. I tend to base my builds on theirs and then tweak for personal flava.

mihrimah

Post by mihrimah » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Why the point in Starlit Wrath, I wonder? It seems kind of useless; you won't be DPSing all that much as a tree (I throw bombs and treepunch) and with five points in Genesis you've got enough to get to the next tier. You can easily move it out.

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 pm

mihrimah wrote:Why the point in Starlit Wrath, I wonder? It seems kind of useless; you won't be DPSing all that much as a tree (I throw bombs and treepunch) and with five points in Genesis you've got enough to get to the next tier. You can easily move it out.
Unfortunately, it's not enough to get to the next tier. Need 15 points in Balance in order to get to Celestial Focus for the +3% spell haste. So, need to put a point in either Starlit Wrath, Brambles, Improved Moonfire, or Nature's Reach. Basically, it's just a flavor point that we can put anywhere.

I'm running something closer to the EJ build now.
TEAM CLERIC: Allern, Dranei Paladin; Lothlondor, Night Elf Druid; Lelian, Human Mage; Lesasia, Human Death Knight; Lagervolk, Dwarf Hunter; Sylerissar, Night Elf Rogue; Langston, Worgen Warrior; Leanora, Gnome Priest

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:41 am

Healed: Ramparts, Slave Pens.

I remembered to use Wild Growth a lot and I even got to use Rebirth after the tank ran ahead (he mind-blanked and apologized for it)

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:20 am

Healed: Underbog, Crypts.

Oh god, Crypts.

Lost 2 dps on the first boss of Underbog. I suppose it helps not to stand in explosive mushrooms, right?

Lost tank and 2 dps on the first boss of Crypts, and then the boss died. Got hit with a debuff that adds +200% to casting time. Yeah. Instant HoTs can only do so much.

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 pm

Lothlondor is 70 now. Gonna heal more randoms. Northrend is 4 fun! Getting 4250 gold before 71 is going to be impossible :( I'm going to need to do TC dailies again.

demerest

Post by demerest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:40 am

I'm glad you're enjoying your treeness!!!

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 am

Healed Nexus and Utgarde Keep. UK was awesome. Nexus was a struggle not to drop group.

kageneko

Post by kageneko » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:11 am

Level 73 now. Cleared out Borean Tundra, moving to Dragonblight next.