It's good we got LK when we did, because I can't login...

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

lessem
It's good we got LK when we did, because I can't login...

Post by lessem » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:14 am

I'm pretty sure Death Wing has seen how we dealt with the last big bad, so he has reached out of the server and smited my ability to play. Since starting WoW I've been playing on my old laptop, an ancient Thinkpad T43. The graphics card in it died last week, of course while my main laptop was off getting its fan replaced one final time before the warranty expires in December. This last weekend I was able to login with the father in law's Macbook, because we were house sitting, and he left it behind.

I used old parts to put together a computer at work for playing. It has an ATI 9800 Pro graphics card, which was really awesome in 2003 (900 on 3dMark06). This was an old computer that had been a spare at work for 3 or 4 years, and before that was in service for 3 or 4 years. I'd never had a problem with it. Tonight, just as I was about to login, it just turned off, and won't come back on. I might be able to find a spare power supply at work, but short of that, I don't really have a computer to play on.

My main laptop, a Thinkpad T61, is back from its second repair (they cracked the screen bezel repairing it the first time). I can play WoW on it, but because it has crap Intel graphics, it actually performs worse than the older T43. 3 FPS kind of bad. I'll give it a try, but it might just be too slow for raiding.

I am budgeted to buy a new laptop to replace my current one, so I should have that by Cataclysm. I just need to decide what I want, and then order it.