Voice Chat, anyone?

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

LineNoise
Voice Chat, anyone?

Post by LineNoise » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 pm

I keep forgetting to post this, so now that Allern has just reminded me in game, I'm posting it now.

I has a vent server. It's 25-seat, professionally hosted, I originally set it up for some friends of mine when I was playing City of Heroes. I'm on it pretty much every night along with a bunch of the City crew, and y'all are welcome to join us / use the server as well.

If you have used Vent before, it's a Voice Over IP chat service. Head over to http://www.ventrilo.com to download the latest client. Client software is pretty straightforward, and I think there's some tutorial-ish stuff on the Vent site. My server is located at carbon.typefrag.com, port 25599 no password is required for now, although I reserve the right to change that in the future.

I'm on there as LineNoise, which is my global name in City, as well as my generic online handle.

If you have any questions, or need help getting it set up, just ping me in game, I'll help you get hooked in.

Most of the time, we're all in one big room, but it gets kinda noisy at times, especially if people are trying to run teams and not just chatting. So feel free to use one of the smaller rooms if you're intimidated by having 15 people in your ear at once. ^_^