Strategy for Watch Him Die

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

kageneko
Antispam:0
Strategy for Watch Him Die

Post by kageneko » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 am

I went through a lot of wipes with Alshain and Co. on this today but I think we hit an awesome strategy.

Alshain (paladin tank)
Ama... something (frost mage)
Fig... something (resto druid)
Nil... something (enhancement shaman)
Lesasia (blood dk)

Mark everything except watchers. Only kill things which are NOT marked.

The sekrit is the druid. Roots. LOTS of roots. On the skirmishers.

For each group:

Root the skirmisher (except the right side, which is warrior and a caster). Death grip the other one and kill it. On the caster/warrior pair, root the warrior. Also, Avenger's Shield is awesome for this because of the Silence effect. We got the gate keeper down to 20%, so I think this can work.
TEAM CLERIC: Allern, Dranei Paladin; Lothlondor, Night Elf Druid; Lelian, Human Mage; Lesasia, Human Death Knight; Lagervolk, Dwarf Hunter; Sylerissar, Night Elf Rogue; Langston, Worgen Warrior; Leanora, Gnome Priest
WE SPLIT THE PARTY: Renethal, Blood Elf Paladin

LineNoise

Re: Strategy for Watch Him Die

Post by LineNoise » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:53 pm

From what I remember when I was keeping up with reading stuff, the most effective and reliable strategy for that fight basically looks like suicide bombing.

Get a *lot* of DPS, all of it as single-target-heavy as possible. Get a heavy-geared tank with good defensive cooldowns. Buff up like crazy, pop heroism, and charge. AoE tank the entire room, with Shield Wall, Shield Block, Last Stand, everything you've got. Burn the living *crap* out of the Gatekeeper, ignore everything else. Gatekeeper dies, tank dies, everyone wipes. You're guaranteed to die for attempting it, but if you have enough DPS you all die with the achievement.