Trying to Get Gruul's and Magtheridon

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

IsawaBrian
Trying to Get Gruul's and Magtheridon

Post by IsawaBrian » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:33 pm

I know that several members in the Guild would like to get Gruul's and Magtheridon done for Champion of the Naaru quests (Speaking of, for those of you who aren't on the 25-man stage, the way to get started on this require getting one quest from Heroic Slave Pens and starting the Enraged Spirts of Earth/Fire/etc. in Shadowmoon Valley; if we're going to do this, please call on us for help getting you down those lines so we can get everyone the titles all at once). I also know that a few would like to do it for the loot or the experience, and to combine the two, we need to do it before Wrath comes out. There have been a few half-hearted attempts, but they happened during the summer, and thus fell apart.

I'd like to try this again with our group and some "PUGs"-- only not really PUGs, going with people whom we know, and trust, and can be counted on to follow instructions so that we can just get this stuff done.

To that end, I'd like to hear on the following things:
(1) Who's got the Cudgel of Kardesh from Heroic Slavepens, and who needs to get the quest?

(2) Who's finished the Enraged Spirits/Cipher of Damnation questlines in Shadowmoon Valley, and who needs to get them done? This part is semi-critical; it MUST be done before Magtheridon, unlike the Cudgel, which is more or less one-step for both parts, and it involves a number of tough heroic runs, so we need to get people ready for them as fast as possible.

(3) Who do we know who is currently at least semi-active that we think (a) wouldn't be saved very often and (b) would be competent and capable for these runs? Things we need: (a) A good mage, capable of tanking, preferably fire/arcane, (b) either a warlock or an off-tank (Nataliya can discuss this), and (c) a smattering of tanks, healers, and DPS.

I'm done with parts 1 and 2, as for 3, I can throw out Alshain (Paladin, tank or healer, really wants it),
Baneofpower (Mage, but is in a 25 man guild, may not be available),
Opitana (Druid, healer),
Zoumzoum (Warlock, has healer druid alt, but ditto 25 man problems),
Iburntrees (Shadow Priest),
Sewage (Shadow Priest, may be in a 25 man),
Adamina (Spriest/healer, but 25 man),
Angelsfire (Boomkin, but may be a little low on damage),
Delzou (Druid healer),
Elad (Hunter, somewhat quiet, but generally listens to instructions, might be a little slow)
Sullaery/Uberweis/Etc. in the Kliq; has not been around a lot lately, but may be available-- many classes, many possible slots
Feignh (Excellent hunter, but 25 man)
Antaran (Rogue, in a guild that used to do 25 mans, does not currently; last attempt to work with was fairly disastrous. May be better if we can supply tanks)
Rikamaru/Richy (Can't remember precisely, but starting to show up again, was pretty good)
Shadowmeld (Good mage)
Woolgatherer (From the Kliq, comes with Uberweis/Sullaery)
and that's about it from what I can remember. I'd like to try to get in contact with people we know and see if we can just schedule a run, using our 10+ man as a core upon which the others are mainly support, so less chance of things falling apart.

Please, tell people who are in the 70 category but don't frequent here to come on and comment; I'd like to make the push for getting this done in one shot, especially on the quests for parts 1 and 2.

mihrimah

Re: Trying to Get Gruul's and Magtheridon

Post by mihrimah » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:48 pm

IsawaBrian wrote:To that end, I'd like to hear on the following things:
(1) Who's got the Cudgel of Kardesh from Heroic Slavepens, and who needs to get the quest?
I have the Blazing Signet part already, and I believe that Onn does as well. We do not have the other thingy.
(2) Who's finished the Enraged Spirits/Cipher of Damnation questlines in Shadowmoon Valley, and who needs to get them done? This part is semi-critical; it MUST be done before Magtheridon, unlike the Cudgel, which is more or less one-step for both parts, and it involves a number of tough heroic runs, so we need to get people ready for them as fast as possible.
This is not ringing a bell for me. I'm working (slowly) through the one in Shadowmoon that gives Aldor rep, don't know if this one is related.
(3) Who do we know who is currently at least semi-active that we think (a) wouldn't be saved very often and (b) would be competent and capable for these runs? Things we need: (a) A good mage, capable of tanking, preferably fire/arcane, (b) either a warlock or an off-tank (Nataliya can discuss this), and (c) a smattering of tanks, healers, and DPS.
Nemishi's a good rogue, in Alshain's guild with the untypable name. She came with us to Kara once.
Hazak the enhance shammy seemed to be pretty on the ball.

-m
--
Alaari
Also on Velen: Bodil/Eleithyia/Fidheasan/Khalmie/Mellarus
or on Azuremyst: Ielaar/Itztumi/Ixtaro/Iyzali

kageneko
Antispam:0

Post by kageneko » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 am

One of the thread's on the World of Warcraft Velen forums has this post:
Borean wrote: Intensity holds a Gruul/Mag run on sundays, invites go out around 330 pm give or take. If you are online and we need a member we would be happy to bring you along. We have a lot of members who dont really need anything from Mag. PST me ingame to talk more.
We may be able to get in with them. Dragon*Con is coming up this weekend so this Sunday is out. I'll probably start by PMing Borean on the forums and asking if we can get in with Intensity. Does anyone know anyone from that guild?
TEAM CLERIC: Allern, Dranei Paladin; Lothlondor, Night Elf Druid; Lelian, Human Mage; Lesasia, Human Death Knight; Lagervolk, Dwarf Hunter; Sylerissar, Night Elf Rogue; Langston, Worgen Warrior; Leanora, Gnome Priest
WE SPLIT THE PARTY: Renethal, Blood Elf Paladin

kageneko
Antispam:0

Post by kageneko » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 am

This is how to get started on various things.
TEAM CLERIC: Allern, Dranei Paladin; Lothlondor, Night Elf Druid; Lelian, Human Mage; Lesasia, Human Death Knight; Lagervolk, Dwarf Hunter; Sylerissar, Night Elf Rogue; Langston, Worgen Warrior; Leanora, Gnome Priest
WE SPLIT THE PARTY: Renethal, Blood Elf Paladin

Eabah
Antispam:45

Post by Eabah » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:51 am

Oh, come now. SH heroic is easy pie with Nat zerk tanking and you doing pallieCC.

We blasted through that in what, like 40 minutes? XD

Slabs is, IMO, the hardest of these. There's a couple bosses that are just killer, starting with Fun and ending with Murmur. Some of the trash is awful, too. See the room before Time For Fun.

indi

Post by indi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:43 am

need all of the above for indi, ame and ammun too. so for team creating if u need mage, hunter, or heals --- let me know.

i'm around all this week, and all during the week i'm am completely open: the 7th -- 12th in the afternoon and then gone, 13- 14th. starting 13th thru the week i'm gone out of town a lot.