Interesting macro for Valithria DPS

Events and chat relating to guild specific things. Schedule events, let us know what you dropped in the bank or what new patterns you'd love to craft for us if we find mats.

Moderator:Lamas

IsawaBrian
Interesting macro for Valithria DPS

Post by IsawaBrian » Sun May 09, 2010 7:06 am

/cleartarget
/target Blazing Skeleton
/stopmacro [nodead, harm]
/target Suppresser
/target Risen Archmage
/target Blistering Zombie
/target Gluttonous

And then hit it periodically between the rest of your DPS to see if there's a priority target.

Things to note:
The zombies apparently explode when they die. The kiter thus has to be moved very fast.
The aboms stack a disease which increases the physical damage taken by their targets. Frontal cone. It is a disease, it can be cleansed, and probably has to be; it's a tank killer.

The question is whether or not we want to keep trying on Putricide, or push Dreamwalker.

Iceworm

Re: Interesting macro for Valithria DPS

Post by Iceworm » Mon May 10, 2010 2:16 am

Well here is my 2 cents.

I agree that we dont seem to have the DPS right now for Putricide. I feel we have a pretty good grasp of the basic tactics, but we dont have the damage to kill the slimes quickly enough. Once we have the dps then it will take a few tries to refine the tactics, but I know we can take him under those circumstances.

So we definitely need ot make sure we are getting the people who need egar through the lower spire to bring their dps up, but when it comes to the upper spire I am totally ok with putting Putricide on hold (though I personally am willing to give him a try or two every week depending on group composition or increases in dps just to see if we can get him).

The one thing I'll mention is that I thought the Blood Council was the next encounter in the progression and that Valithria was after the Blood Queen. Is Valithria supposed ot be relatively easy in comparison? Should we take a look at the Blood Council and see if we can handle it? I know nothing about it really so maybe it's one of those things that if we can't handle Putricide there is now ay to handle them, but I thought I'd at least bring up the idea.

Raali
Antispam:45

Re: Interesting macro for Valithria DPS

Post by Raali » Tue May 11, 2010 2:21 am

Iceworm I agree. I think taking your comment one step further and adding that after we run friday we should decide what boss we are going for on saturday. Then everyone should at least watch a video on the fight to see the mechanics. I would suggest www.bosskillers.com I think then we would be much better prepared for new boss encounters. It was a great try saturday but a bit frustrating.

Raali