A change in the Leadership

All the News our officers see fit to print.

Moderator:Lamas

IsawaBrian
A change in the Leadership

Post by IsawaBrian » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:35 am

As of roughly 5:26 pm, Pacific Time, I've handed the leadership of the guild over to Eabah. She was there from the start; but for a little difference in experience, she'd've had the slot from the beginning. As well, I've been neglecting the guild, on and off, for months now. There's stress, and job, and distraction, but between recent disappointments in the game and my own growing discontent with the tiers and patches, I knew I was going to be on less and less anyway. There needs to be a leader who is present, who knows the game, and will get things done now, rather than wait until I can be brought out of the darkness of offlineness. Eabah is a smart, strong, capable player who crunches the numbers and knows the strats at least as well as I do. I will still be around and still be willing to help, if you tag me on AIM, but I'm not likely to be around myself much voluntarily.

That's the gameside, but of course, as many of you know, Blizz as a corporation, and Sam Didier specifically, have endorsed through presentation at Blizzcon a rather homophobic jaunt. Blizz has been rather fond of sexism over the years, but generally, the homophobia has been malicious neglect rather than outright hostility. No more.

http://www.change.org/petitions/blizzar ... zzcon-2011

Is it just this one event that is so terrible that I'm stepping down from active playing? No, not entirely. Between a general weariness and irritation with the game, as above, and ongoing issues with the way Blizz approaches various oppressed groups, whether it be sexism, racism, homophobia, and so forth or anything else, this was just enough to finally snap me. I can't deal with this any more, except to help my family and friends.

I'll be around. I'm @isawabrian on City of Heroes, flagshipped as Unstoppable Lad on Justice. I'm jhyanmar on AIM, and I consider you all to be dear friends. Hell, I'll still be around on WOW from time to time, just not at the helm. I hope we keep in touch, and stay friends through it all.

Brian