Big Warning re: Champion of the Naaru/Amani War Bear

All the News our officers see fit to print.

Moderator:Lamas

IsawaBrian
Big Warning re: Champion of the Naaru/Amani War Bear

Post by IsawaBrian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:12 am

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... &sid=1#463

Guys, the new content patch may be two months away or it may be one month or it may be a week or two. We don't know right now. We will, unfortunately, probably not be able to get an Amani War Bear for anyone in the guild as a result; we don't have the right combination we need at the moment unless there are some major changes in our make-up at the moment-- and some really lucky drops. We may want to see some major pushes for heroics in the upcoming weeks; unfortunately, due to a combination of physical therapy and being back at work, I'm not going to be able to help a lot except on the weekends, though, if I am on as any alt, please, don't hesitate to ask.

On another front, though, this has some worrying implications for similar No-Wrath effects like Champion of the Naaru. It may also be cancelled at the next content patch. Gruul's, we _can_ do, folks; it's no harder than Kara, ultimately; it just requires more people and more coordination. Magtheridon is a little tougher, but we're taking on Zul'Aman timers and would probably be making the full run if we just had a few differences. We have phenomenal people in this guild, and I know we can do it.

The trouble is getting the people together. We know many good players, like Antaran and others who have talked to us. We've got a great raid leader, great dps, and great heals. But we have to get our core together-- as many of as possible, really, so we're relying on as little outside help as we can.

In that vein, I'd like to plead with every 70 or near-70 in the guild. Please, please, -please- get your prereqs for the Champion of the Naaru quests done as possible. If you have the quests done, please give what help you can. I would also like to schedule a weekend-- probably as much of a weekend as we can, from friday to sunday if necessary to get the fights right-- as soon as possible to do Gruul's, which is the most 'learning experience' of the fights. I know that a lot of our members work on the weekends. I also know that a few will not be able to give us advanced warning, or all of that time; but for those of you who can tell us, please do, and then we'll try to schedule around those who can't when they do know. I really want for as many of us to get this title.